Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University
Are you a high school student eager to get a head start on your college journey? Susquehanna University offers an exceptional opportunity for goal-driven students like you through their Summer Pre-College Programs. This blog will provide you with a comprehensive overview of what these programs entail and why they should be on your radar. By the end, you’ll have a clear understanding of how to apply, what to expect, and why this experience can be a game-changer for your academic future.
What are the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University?
Experience the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University, where you can delve into dynamic weeklong workshops showcasing the university’s colleges of the arts, business, humanities, and sciences. These immersive on-campus experiences are thoughtfully crafted to ignite your passion, elevate your skills, and enrich your college journey.
During these programs, you will actively engage with dedicated faculty and college student mentors who are eager to challenge you. Whether you’re looking to acquire new skills, enhance existing talents, or explore fascinating subjects to bolster your college résumé, this opportunity is tailor-made for your aspirations.
Susquehanna University’s Summer Pre-College Programs
Susquehanna University’s Summer Pre-College Programs are immersive, college-level experiences designed to give high school students a taste of university life. These programs provide a unique opportunity to explore your academic interests, enhance your skills, and gain valuable insights into the college experience.
Arts & Humanities
Are you ready to dive into the world of professional acting training at a university level? This summer, your journey begins as you step into the realm of individual actor coaching and artistic collaboration for live performances. Unleash your inner performer, master an audition-ready monologue, and captivate your audience with compelling small-cast scenes, all under the expert guidance of seasoned theatre professionals.
Embrace this immersive residential experience that pushes the boundaries of your comfort zone and offers profound self-discovery through character exploration. This program equips you with the essential tools to elevate your acting skills and cultivate your professional maturity. Prepare yourself for the next phase of your journey as an emerging performing arts practitioner.
- Engage in dynamic improvisation and monologue workshops.
- Hone your movement techniques for the stage.
- Collaborate closely with your peers and experienced faculty in the performing arts.
- Perfect your scene performance skills.
- Polish your monologue prowess.
- Contribute to a captivating, devised theatre project.
- Gain valuable insights in our auditioning workshop.
- Showcase your rehearsed work in a final public performance.
Get ready to dive headfirst into the dynamic realm of media and communications at #GOMedia! This is your opportunity to immerse yourself in an intensive experience that will equip you with invaluable skills and insights. Here’s what you can expect:
Media Production Mastery: You’ll have the chance to produce live radio content on 88.9FM WQSU, Susquehanna University’s renowned radio station. Learn cutting-edge audio and video production techniques that are shaping the industry.
Design Excellence: Unleash your creativity with Adobe Creative Cloud as you delve into the world of graphic design. Develop photography skills that will enhance your understanding of visual communication, a crucial aspect of the media landscape.
Creative Storytelling: Understand the art of persuasive, informative, educational, and entertaining communication. Engage in hands-on sessions led by media professionals and experienced faculty members. Discover the secrets behind successful brands and how they captivate audiences.
Public Relations and Advertising: Explore the world of media from a public relations and advertising perspective. Pitch compelling story ideas, craft innovative campaigns, and unravel the power of effective storytelling in brand engagement.
- Attend daily workshops and seminars led by media professionals and SU professors.
- Produce a live, one-hour radio broadcast.
- Master journalistic writing skills and formats.
- Harness the potential of Adobe Creative Cloud to create polished print materials.
- Learn the art of on-air interviewing.
- Explore the professional use of social media.
- Develop proficiency in editing and production software, which is essential for successful video content.
- Craft a digital portfolio showcasing your week’s work.
- Network with industry experts, Susquehanna faculty, and current communications students.
- Embark on an eye-opening visit to an off-campus multimedia facility.
- Experience life in college residence halls and savor three daily meals in the Evert Dining Room.
- Unwind and connect with fellow participants during two pizza parties.
- Polish your etiquette skills at a formal dinner.
This is your chance to step into the world of media and communications, expand your horizons, and gain hands-on experience that can shape your future in this exciting field. Take advantage of the opportunity of a lifetime!
Publishing & Editing Institute
Are you passionate about books and intrigued by the world of publishing? If you dream of a career in a publishing house or wish to explore the practical aspects of your love for reading and writing, this is an extraordinary opportunity for you. Welcome to the Publishing & Editing Institute, a hands-on, collaborative experience designed to unveil the inner workings of the publishing industry!
Your Exclusive Gateway to Book Publishing
This unique program at Susquehanna University is the only one of its kind in the country, exclusively tailored for high school students with a keen interest in book publishing. Throughout the week, you will immerse yourself in the mindset of a publisher and acquire essential editorial and digital media skills.
Working within the dedicated publishing lab known as The Letterbox, you and your fellow participants will go on a transformative journey. Your mission: to conceptualize a book launch and devise a compelling marketing campaign for a trade book. This involves crafting a book title and cover, identifying the target audience, and creating a persuasive digital presentation to captivate potential investors and consumers alike.
But it doesn’t end there. Your week at the Publishing & Editing Institute is a holistic exploration of literature’s influence on society and culture. Develop your entrepreneurial spirit and teamwork skills as you delve into the societal impact of books. Benefit from insights shared by seasoned professionals in the field, who will shed light on their career paths in publishing and how Susquehanna’s Publishing & Editing program equipped them to thrive in the industry they love.
- Engage in enlightening workshops covering digital publishing tools, marketing strategies, and book cover design.
- Receive invaluable guidance and coaching from industry professionals who have walked the publishing path.
- Dive deep into sessions exploring entrepreneurial editing, the rich history of books, and their profound impact on our culture.
- Collaborate and create within The Letterbox, our state-of-the-art publishing and editing lab.
- Connect and collaborate with like-minded students who share your passion for the written word.
- Go on inspiring visits to local bookstores.
- Conclude your week with a formal book launch and marketing presentation, showcasing your accomplishments to an eager audience.
The Publishing & Editing Institute is your gateway to the world of publishing, where your love for books transforms into a promising career.
Do you have a passion for the written word? If you aspire to refine your writing skills and explore the world of literature, the Writers Workshop awaits you. This workshop, now in its impressive 37th year, offers America’s most gifted young writers an extraordinary opportunity to participate in intensive, small-group workshops led by acclaimed authors from around the nation.
A Legacy of Excellence
Susquehanna’s Writers Workshop, featuring workshops in fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction, has a rich legacy. It’s been selected as a “Best Value in Summer College Programs” by Early College Programs and recognized among the “500 Best Summer Programs in the World” by Princeton Review.
Here’s what you can anticipate during this immersive week:
- Engage in daily seminar classes led by Susquehanna’s esteemed creative writing faculty.
- Dive deep into the elements of craft within fiction, poetry, or creative nonfiction.
- Generate between 10 and 30 new pages of your original work.
- Participate in supportive workshops to refine your writing.
- Master the art of revision with expert guidance.
- Benefit from one-on-one conferences with your professor.
- Exciting, hands-on exercises to ignite your creativity, from vividly describing the dissection of a fish to crafting the lives of individuals resting in a nearby campus cemetery.
- Explore a hidden gem among Pennsylvania’s used bookstores during a memorable field trip.
- Share your freshly crafted work at the Saturday Student Reading.
- Witness your work published in the prestigious SWW Anthology.
A Week of Inspiration
Your journey at the Summer Writers Workshop begins with an orientation at Susquehanna University on July 9, between 2:30 and 4 p.m. Workshop activities commence at 5 p.m. Subsequent days will be brimming with group workshops, individual conferences, captivating performances of fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction, and appearances by guest writers. The workshop culminates with a public reading on Saturday, the program’s final day.
Workshop activities are hosted in the Writers Institute House, Apfelbaum Hall, and the Degenstein Campus Center, all conveniently situated within walking distance of air-conditioned residence halls. These halls are nestled close to amenities such as tennis courts, outdoor basketball courts, an indoor swimming pool, computer labs, an art gallery, and a library. Enjoy three satisfying meals each day featuring a diverse array of entrees, soup, salad, deli, and delectable desserts. Rest assured, you’ll have comfortable single rooms unless you have a different preference.
Unlock your literary potential, refine your craft, and have an unforgettable writing journey at the Writers Workshop.
Business & Leadership
Are you ready for an extraordinary summer adventure that will challenge your limits and ignite your entrepreneurial spirit? Look no further than the Entrepreneurship Institute at Susquehanna’s Sigmund Weis School of Business. This is your chance to immerse yourself in the world of entrepreneurship and gain the skills you need for future success, whether you dream of launching your own business or adopting an entrepreneurial mindset in all aspects of your life.
During this exhilarating week, you’ll dive headfirst into a simulated entrepreneurial environment alongside your peers. Your mission? To brainstorm innovative solutions to real-world problems, assess their viability as potential businesses, analyze competitors, create a website and prototype, and vie for a coveted cash prize! It’s a dynamic, fast-paced experience that will test your leadership abilities and foster strong team-building skills. Along the way, you’ll create meaningful friendships and glean priceless insights from industry experts.
Live Like a Business Major
Imagine residing in the university’s comfortable residence halls, surrounded by Susquehanna’s business majors. This unique opportunity allows you to gain firsthand insights into life at the Sigmund Weis School of Business, renowned for its world-class undergraduate programs.
Here’s a sneak peek at what awaits you:
- Collaborate with genuine entrepreneurs and accomplished professors to cultivate essential entrepreneurial skills and a forward-thinking mindset.
- Work with newfound friends to refine your business ideas and acquire the skills needed to bring them to life.
- Embark on eye-opening visits to local businesses, including a family-owned amusement park.
- Enhance your networking and communication prowess through a power dining and etiquette exercise.
- Showcase your entrepreneurial vision in formal end-of-session presentations for a chance to win cash prizes generously sponsored by Wagner, Dreese, Elsasser & Associates, P.C.
- Are you up for the challenge? The Entrepreneurship Institute is your gateway to a world of innovation, creativity, and limitless possibilities.
Are you passionate about singing? If the world of music and harmonious melodies captivate your heart, then the High School Choral Institute is your ticket to an exceptional summer performance experience. This residential program invites you to join a musical journey that will elevate your musicianship, refine your vocal technique, and enhance your choral performance skills.
Prepare to leave distractions behind as you dive headfirst into the world of music. Here’s what awaits you:
- Immerse yourself completely in the enchanting world of music, where every note carries a story.
- Explore, refine, and master choral repertoire with a strong focus on interpretation, style, and presentation.
- Develop your vocal prowess in both group settings and private instruction guided by experienced professionals.
- Strengthen your foundational musicianship, encompassing music theory, sight-reading, aural skills, and the beauty of solfege.
- Forge meaningful connections and lasting friendships with fellow music enthusiasts and accomplished musicians.
- Cultivate audition repertoire and techniques that will serve you well in your future musical pursuits.
- Acquire transferable skills, such as independence, creativity, problem-solving, and the art of teamwork, all within the magical realm of music.
- Gain valuable insights into the diverse college music opportunities available, whether you plan to major in music or simply wish to continue your musical journey as a non-major.
Here is a sneak peek at the highlights of your musical voyage:
- Raise your voice in the institute choir under the expert guidance of Dr. Amy Voorhees.
- Immerse yourself in classes covering music theory, conducting, diction, and the fascinating world of voice science.
- Benefit from group vocal instruction led by Susquehanna University’s esteemed voice faculty.
- Be enchanted by captivating performances delivered by talented Susquehanna students and faculty.
- Conclude your transformative week with a mesmerizing closing concert hosted in the prestigious performing venue, Stretansky Concert Hall.
- Get a taste of life as a Susquehanna music student, unlocking the secrets of musical mastery.
The High School Choral Institute is your gateway to a world of musical enchantment, where your voice becomes an instrument of boundless expression.
Do you consider yourself a music creator driven by the passion to craft melodies and rhythms that resonate with the world? If so, be a part of a unique summer experience!
This residential program is designed to put your artistic aspirations in the spotlight while equipping you with practical knowledge in various facets of music technology. Here’s what awaits you:
- Immerse yourself in an environment free from distractions, where your creative spirit can flourish.
- Gain hands-on experience in the art of composing, recording, and editing music in SU’s cutting-edge recording studio.
- Receive expert instruction in utilizing Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs), unlocking the power to transform your musical visions into reality.
- Cultivate your unique musical voice through personalized composition lessons, allowing your creativity to soar.
- Explore the vast realm of professional opportunities within the dynamic field of music technology.
- Discover a world of college music opportunities, whether you aspire to pursue music as a major or simply wish to continue your musical journey as a non-major.
- The Music Production program is your gateway to a world where your musical creativity knows no bounds!
Wind Ensemble Institute
Calling all gifted woodwind, brass, and percussion virtuosos! If your passion lies in the world of music, then join this exhilarating residential program. The Wind Ensemble Institute is your gateway to an unforgettable experience dedicated to the art of chamber music and symphonic wind ensemble performance.
- Prepare to go on a musical journey like no other, where your talents will be nurtured and honed to perfection. Here’s what’s in store for you:
- Hone your instrumental prowess through private lessons conducted by our expert faculty, ensuring every note resonates with precision.
- Elevate your musicianship as you collaborate with fellow students in chamber groups, creating harmonies that captivate the soul.
- Deepen your musical knowledge through enriching master classes and engaging nightly seminars, expanding your horizons.
- Join forces with other passionate and talented students who share your unwavering love for music, forging bonds that transcend the stage.
- Prepare with precision for all-state auditions, solo festivals, and the daunting college audition process, setting the stage for your future success.
- Take center stage as you perform exhilarating and challenging wind band compositions, a testament to your growth as a musician.
You have the opportunity to shine on one of the following instruments:
- Percussion (proficiency in at least two of the following: timpani, snare drum, or mallet percussion)
Here’s a sneak peek at what you can expect during this intensive weeklong program:
- Refine your technique and artistry in private lessons guided by our distinguished faculty.
- Cultivate your musicianship as you collaborate with peers in chamber groups, creating musical magic.
- Expand your horizons through master classes and nightly seminars, deepening your understanding of the art of music.
- Connect with fellow passionate musicians, sharing the joy of music and the pursuit of excellence.
- Prepare meticulously for auditions that will shape your musical future, be it all-state, solo festivals, or college endeavors.
- Perform electrifying and demanding wind band compositions, showcasing your growth and dedication.
- The Wind Ensemble Institute is your passport to a world of musical brilliance and artistic growth. Join us, and let your musical journey unfold in a symphony of learning and passion. Your stage is waiting!
This exceptional program challenges you to think critically, explore beyond the surface, and deepen your grasp of astronomy, physics, mathematics, and the psychology of effective team-building.
Throughout this immersive residential experience, you’ll engage in a diverse range of practical and interactive activities designed to flex your mental muscles. The journey of intellectual growth is both challenging and exhilarating, and it becomes all the more enjoyable when shared with like-minded peers.
Here’s a glimpse of the enriching experiences that await you:
- Sharpen your problem-solving skills and enhance your analytical thinking as you tackle a variety of engaging challenges.
- Collaborate with fellow students, fostering a dynamic environment where learning becomes a shared adventure.
- Meet esteemed SU faculty members hailing from diverse academic disciplines, each ready to introduce you to their area of expertise.
Here’s a taste of what you can delve into during your i-Engineer journey:
Digital Electronics with Minecraft: Dr. Faust, a physics guru, will guide you through the creative possibilities of digital electronics using the popular platform Minecraft.
Building and Competing with Gauss Electromagnetic Shooters: Join Drs. Zain and Everly in the realm of physics as you construct and compete with Gauss electromagnetic shooters.
Stargazing: Dr. Carter, an expert in astronomy and physics, will lead you on celestial adventures, exploring the mysteries of the night sky.
Building and Battling Bots: Dive into the exciting world of robotics with Drs. Zain and Everly, where you’ll construct and engage in thrilling BattleBots challenges.
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s in store:
- Immerse yourself in interactive, college-level workshops and collaborative group work, elevating your understanding of complex subjects.
- Embark on an astronomical adventure, visiting the planetarium, stargazing, and even crafting your own telescope.
- Embrace your creative side with digital electronics, utilizing the world of Minecraft as your canvas.
- Engineer your very own car robots and face the exhilarating challenges of BattleBots, putting your engineering skills to the test.
- Become a code-cracker and mastermind as you navigate the mysteries of Escape Room challenges, unlocking clues and solving puzzles.
i-Engineer is your gateway to a world of intellectual growth, collaborative exploration, and hands-on learning. Join us, and let your curiosity lead the way on this extraordinary journey of discovery and innovation. The future of engineering awaits your brilliance!
Prepare for a week of aquatic exploration like no other! The Stream Ecology Institute invites you to embark on an unforgettable journey where you’ll uncover the hidden wonders of stream ecosystems. Delve beneath the surface, peek under rocks for crawdads and salamanders, and test the waters for salinity, pH levels, and dissolved oxygen. Unravel the intricate relationships between living and non-living elements within these dynamic ecosystems, from serene small streams to grand, meandering rivers.
During this enriching summer institute, you’ll immerse yourself in a world of environmental exploration, long-term ecological studies, and captivating lessons on the intricate web of life within stream ecosystems. Along the way, you’ll gain insights into potential career paths in the realms of science and ecology.
Prepare to embark on a week of discovery, where you’ll:
- Investigate the fascinating interplay between plants and aquatic invertebrates, unraveling the mysteries of their coexistence.
- Examine the profound influence of stream bed materials on aquatic communities, uncovering the hidden role of the stream environment.
- Explore the intricate correlations between stream flow, water temperature, dissolved oxygen, and fish populations, gaining insights into the delicate balance of life within these aquatic habitats.
Throughout the program, you’ll receive comprehensive training in water quality assessment, macroinvertebrate and fish sampling, and their identification. Equip yourself with the latest tools and techniques employed by professionals in the field of aquatic ecology as you gain valuable hands-on experience.
Showcase Your Discoveries
On the program’s final day, you’ll have the opportunity to present your findings using cutting-edge computer technology to a panel of esteemed science educators and natural resource professionals. This is your chance to share your newfound knowledge and insights with the world.
- Immerse yourself in the Susquehanna River Basin ecosystem, gaining a profound understanding of its diverse components.
- Explore the intricate web of interactions among water movement, fish, invertebrates, vegetation, bacteria, water chemistry, and pollution within the creek.
- Embark on an exploration of regional creeks from the bottom up, and even design your own study to investigate a specific aspect that piques your interest.
Additional Adventures Await:
- Set sail on boating excursions.
- Hike through scenic landscapes.
- Enjoy picnics in picturesque state parks.
- Venture into the awe-inspiring Penn’s Cave.
- Embark on daily field trips to diverse aquatic habitats.
- Collect samples from rivers, creeks, and small streams.
- Experience the thrilling process of electrofishing in local streams.
- Study the delicate ecosystems of headwater streams.
- Conclude your journey with final research presentations for your families.
Why should you go to the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University?
Academic Enrichment: These programs offer a chance to dive deep into subjects you’re passionate about. You’ll have access to top-notch faculty and resources, enabling you to expand your knowledge and sharpen your skills.
College Experience: Immerse yourself in the campus environment, living in dorms, and participating in extracurricular activities. It’s a great way to get a feel for college life before making the big leap.
Resume Boost: Completing a pre-college program demonstrates your commitment to academics and personal growth, making you a more attractive candidate to colleges and universities.
Networking: You’ll meet like-minded peers who share your interests, potentially forging lasting friendships and academic connections.
The Significance of Practical Learning in Susquehanna University’s Summer Pre-College Programs: Emphasizing the Importance of Hands-On Experiences
Experiential learning, often referred to as hands-on learning, is a fundamental component of the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University, and its importance cannot be overstated. This educational approach focuses on providing students with practical, real-world experiences that complement and reinforce the theoretical knowledge they acquire in the classroom.
One of the primary advantages of experiential learning is its ability to bridge the gap between theory and practice. While traditional classroom learning is essential for building a foundational understanding of academic subjects, it often falls short of illustrating how that knowledge is applied in real-life scenarios. Experiential learning steps in to fill this void by immersing students in situations where they must actively apply what they have learned. This not only deepens their understanding of the subject matter but also enhances their ability to think critically and solve problems.
In the context of Susquehanna University’s Summer Pre-College Programs, experiential learning takes various forms. For instance, students interested in environmental science may engage in fieldwork, conduct ecological studies, or participate in sustainability projects. Those inclined toward the arts may have the opportunity to create their own music compositions, produce theater performances, or develop visual art installations. In the realm of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), students might work on hands-on experiments, design and build prototypes, or engage in computer programming projects.
The benefits of experiential learning extend beyond subject-specific knowledge and skill acquisition. It also nurtures qualities like adaptability, teamwork, communication, and leadership—attributes that are highly valued in both academic and professional settings. When students collaborate on projects or face real-world challenges, they develop the ability to work effectively in diverse teams and communicate their ideas persuasively.
Furthermore, experiential learning enhances knowledge retention. Research has shown that students are more likely to remember and apply information gained through hands-on experiences compared to passive learning methods. This is because the act of doing reinforces learning and creates lasting memories. When students encounter and solve problems firsthand, those experiences become ingrained in their long-term memory.
Ultimately, the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University recognize that experiential learning is not just a complement to traditional education; it is an essential component of a well-rounded and effective educational experience. By providing students with the opportunity to engage in practical, hands-on activities, these programs prepare them not only for the challenges of college but also for success in their future careers and endeavors. Experiential learning empowers students to become active, lifelong learners who are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to navigate the complexities of the modern world.
How do you get into the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University?
To get into the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University, you must be a high school student in grades 10-12 to register for the program you are interested in attending.
Extracurricular Activities for Prospective Students of Susquehanna University’s Summer Pre-College Programs
Ideal extracurricular activities for aspiring attendees of the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University may include:
Academic Clubs: Join clubs related to your academic interests, demonstrating your commitment to learning.
Leadership Roles: Take on leadership positions in clubs or community organizations, showcasing your leadership skills.
Community Service: Engage in community service projects to demonstrate your commitment to social responsibility.
Creative Pursuits: Pursue creative activities such as writing, art, or music, highlighting your artistic talents.
Sports and Athletics: Participate in sports or athletic teams, showcasing your teamwork and discipline.
STEM Competitions: Compete in STEM-related competitions, displaying your passion for science and technology.
Language Clubs: Join language clubs or language-related activities to demonstrate language proficiency.
Internships and Work Experience: Gain work experience or internships in your field of interest, providing practical experience.
Public Speaking and Debate: Engage in public speaking or debate clubs to enhance communication skills.
Research Projects: Conduct independent research projects related to your academic interests, demonstrating intellectual curiosity.
These extracurricular activities can help you stand out in your application for the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University, showcasing your diverse skills and interests.
How do I apply to the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University?
Choose Your Program: Browse through the program options available and select the one that aligns with your interests and goals.
Complete the Application: Fill out the online application form, providing essential information about yourself, your academic achievements, and your program of interest.
Submit Transcripts and Recommendations: You’ll need to provide your high school transcripts and one letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor. This helps the admissions team assess your suitability for the program.
Write a Personal Statement: Craft a thoughtful personal statement that highlights your passion for the subject and your reasons for wanting to participate in the program.
Pay the Application Fee: There is an application fee that must be submitted with your application.
How hard is it to get into the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University?
The admission criteria for the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University are designed for high-achieving high school students in grades 10-12 who want to learn new skills, improve their abilities, or explore topics that can enhance their college resume.
The all-inclusive fee of $875 covers personalized instruction, accommodations, meals, and program materials and even includes an anthology featuring your fiction or poetry, which will be sent to your home.
When is the deadline to apply to the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University?
The information for the 2024 Summer Pre-College Programs is expected to be available soon. Be sure to check the university’s website for specific dates and apply well in advance to secure your spot!
When do I find out about my application to the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University?
Notification of acceptance typically occurs a few weeks after the application deadline. Once accepted, you’ll receive all the necessary details to prepare for your summer adventure.
Where are the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University?
Susquehanna University is nestled in the charming town of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. You’ll have the chance to explore the campus and its picturesque surroundings while attending the program.
When do the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University take place?
2024 Program Weeks
June 23–29, 2024
- Actor’s Institute
- Entrepreneurship Institute
- Publishing & Editing Institute
- Wind Ensemble Institute
July 7–13, 2024
Register by June 24.
- Choral Institute
- Music Production
- Stream Ecology Institute
- Orchestra Summit
July 14–20, 2024
Register by July 1.
- Writers Workshop
How long are the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University?
The programs are typically offered during the summer months and are designed to be weeklong, on-campus workshops. During the program, you must remain on campus except when engaged in scheduled activities, and you must be accompanied by student counselors or program directors during these outings.
Navigating Higher Education After Completing Susquehanna University’s Summer Pre-College Programs: Advice on Further Studies and Degree Selection
After completing the Summer Pre-College Programs at Susquehanna University, students interested in related undergraduate degree programs may consider fields such as:
Business Administration: This program prepares students for careers in business management, entrepreneurship, or finance. It provides a strong foundation in business principles and practices.
Environmental Science: Ideal for those passionate about the environment, this program explores topics like ecology, sustainability, and conservation. Graduates can work in environmental research, policy, or advocacy.
Creative Writing or English: Students with a love for literature and writing can pursue degrees in Creative Writing or English. These programs develop writing skills and literary analysis, opening doors to careers in writing, editing, or education.
Music or Performing Arts: Susquehanna’s strong music and performing arts programs are perfect for aspiring musicians, actors, or dancers. Graduates often pursue careers in performance, teaching, or arts administration.
Pre-Medical or Pre-Health Programs: Designed for students aspiring to enter healthcare professions, these programs provide the necessary prerequisites for medical school, dental school, or other healthcare graduate programs.
STEM Fields: Susquehanna offers various STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) programs, including biology, chemistry, mathematics, and computer science. These degrees open doors to careers in research, technology, engineering, and more.
These undergraduate degree programs align with the diverse academic offerings at Susquehanna University. They provide students with a solid educational foundation and the opportunity to pursue careers in fields that match their interests and passions. Ultimately, the choice of program depends on individual career goals and areas of academic interest.
Susquehanna University’s Summer Pre-College Programs are your gateway to a world of academic enrichment, personal growth, and valuable experiences. By participating in these programs, you’ll gain a competitive edge in the college admissions process, develop lifelong skills, and make lasting memories. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to jumpstart your college journey and discover your path to success. Apply today and embark on a transformative summer adventure that could shape your future in ways you never imagined. Your academic journey begins here!
Looking for advice on pre-college program admissions? Why not partner with experienced college admissions specialists, such as AdmissionSight? With years of experience, we’ve guided countless students to successful admissions to prestigious universities worldwide. Begin your academic journey today – schedule a consultation with us now!